An Introduction to Personalisation
- Venue(s):Oakengates Theatre, Telford
agenda in Social Care means that service users are being given their own personal budgets, effectively becoming individual commissioners. It is predicted that by April 2013, over a million people will have a personal budget.
The opening up of service provision means that artists now have the opportunity to develop and offer services that creatively meet the needs of individuals. This free event offers an introduction to personalisation, how its delivery is structured and how to prepare for this growing micro market. It will include examples of work that is currently being developed including Telford and Wrekin development of guidelines for minimum standards and pilot of a quality mark for independent service providers.
The event featured contributions from:
• Tony Nottingham, independent consultant and support broker working in the area of personal budgets
• Katrina McCormack, Group Specialist Micro Markets, Telford and Wrekin Council
• Cathryn Ravenhall, Business Manager, Escape Community Arts
• Steph Brett, Wyldwoods Creative Arts for Wellbeing
• Sharon Walford, Towers Above community arts group
To download presentation notes and materials from this event, see related information.